- Duration of training: Full-time 2 years/4 semesters (120 Credits)
- Deadline of application: 30th June
- Starting date: 1st September (autumn enrolment only)
- Tuition Fee: 4000 Euro/academic year (2 semesters)
- Non-refundable application fee: 140 Euro
- Instruction Language: English
- Head of the Program: Ferenc Kilár full professor
Description of the Program:
Chemistry Master of Science (MSc) studies can be joined at the Faculty of Science of University of Pécs. The courses are open from September, each year, and are continued during a 4-semester cycle. The students who have studied chemistry, biochemistry, physics, and pharmacy in undergraduate level (BSc) will continue their knowledge at Master of Science level. The subjects of the Chemistry MSc studies include Advanced mathematics, Solid phase physics, Molecular biology, Coordination chemistry, Elemental organic chemistry, Advanced physical chemistry, Instrumental analysis, Theoretical chemistry, Organic chemistry of natural compounds, Surface chemistry, Proteins and protein networks, Advanced chemometry, Environmental technology, Pharmaceutical chemistry, Radiochemistry, and several more specific applied chemistry subjects. The education is composed from theoretical lectures, tutorial seminars and practical sessions. The students in the fourth semester prepare a diploma-work in an experimental topic, which will be defended, and they pass a general final exam for getting the diploma.
Courses in the program:can be downloaded here.
- Demonstrated evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. Certified B2 intermediate English knowledge
- Motivation Letter
- CV in English
- Transcript of previous studies (and their English translation)
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) from 3000 to 3500 characters
- The payment receipt of the application fee of 140 €
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B and HIV test)
- Obtained BSc degree as follows:
|Chemistry BSc and Chemical Engineer BSc||Full credit value counting. No extra credit is needed.|
|In case of any other BSc degree, the enrolment into the master's degree program is conditional||The minimum number of credits required to enter Master's program is 65 credits from the listed area as below:
- at least 15 credits from Natural Sciences subjects
- at least 50 credits from Chemistry subjects
|If the applicant could not collect 65 credits, it is required from the applicant to have at least 40 credits in the listed areas based on his/her previous studies. And the missing credits must be obtained and completed during the master studies as specified in the Code of Studies and Examinations of the University of Pécs.|
More information can be found on the websites of the Faculty of Sciences – University of Pécs and Center for Internationalization and Connections – University of Pécs.