- Duration of training: Full-time 3 years/6 semesters (180 Credits)
- Deadline of application: 30th June
- Starting date: 1st September (autumn enrolment only)
- Tuition Fee: 5000 Euro/academic year (2 semesters)
- Non-refundable application fee: 140 Euro
- Instruction Language: English
- Head of the Program: László Kollár full professor
Description of the Program:
The Chemistry BSc program offers a full 3-year education in chemistry. The study program offers a complete education in chemistry, with specialisation in inorganic, organic, analytical, environmental, and physical chemistry. Special courses cover instrumental analysis, advanced organic chemistry and physical chemistry measurements. Courses for profound knowledge in mathematics, chemometrics, theoretical chemistry and biochemistry complete the curriculum. The subjects are presented in lectures (theoretical background of the topics, with the aim to provide a wider view for chemical application), seminars with a discussion of the topics and practising chemical calculations, and laboratory work. The students will familiarise their knowledge with the most modern instrumentation. The program requires the completion of 180 credits.
Courses in the program:can be downloaded here.
- Finished High school diploma
- Good grades in high school leaving examination/A-levels especially in Chemistry and Mathematics
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school
- Demonstrated evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency â€“ B2 intermediate level
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B, C) and HIV test, and results of Chest X-ray
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- The applicant must turn 18 years old or should be older by the day of enrolment to the current BSc study program
- Applicants must have some knowledge in the following fields: Atomic structure; atomic models, chemical bonds (ionic, covalent), hydrogen bond, compounds of main group elements and some important transition metals (iron, copper). Saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons, aromatic compounds. Alcohols, phenols, halogenated hydrocarbons, aldehydes, carboxylic acids and their esters. Compounds of biological importance (amino acids, carbohydrates, nucleic acids).
More information can be found on the websites of the Faculty of Sciences – University of Pécs and Center for Internationalization and Connections – University of Pécs.